You are here
Appendix D: Campus Visit Grants
The Graduate School offers campus visit recruitment grants up to $250 per student (up to $5,000 per graduate program) to support programs as they recruit the most sought-after applicants, namely fellowship nominees.
Any legitimate travel costs will be reimbursed, including travel, lodging, and per diem.
All travel must be in compliance with Ohio State travel policy, including using the least expensive means of travel.
Eligible campus visits must occur between September 1 and April 15 of a fellowship competition year.
To be eligible, students must be:
U.S. citizens or green card holders
nominated by their programs for a University or Graduate Enrichment Fellowship or are awarded a College-Allocated Fellowship (nominees need not win a fellowship)
new to Ohio State (previous Ohio State students can be considered in exceptional circumstances)
- Campus visit
- Program reimburses student
- Program submits the approved reimbursement documents from eTravel
- Graduate School reimburses program
- Programs are responsible for processing the student's travel and final reimbursement. The program then requests reimbursement from the Graduate School.
- Reimbursements are made directly to graduate programs and only after the fellowship competition is closed.
- To request funding, programs must submit the reimbursement documents from the eTravel system; documents must be in approved status.
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted to the Rosemarie Thornton at the Graduate School by April 30 of a fellowship year.
250 University Hall
230 North Oval Mall
Columbus, OH 43210