You are here
Back to Section 6
Summary of Master's Degree Graduation Requirements
Section 6.6 of the Graduate School Handbook
- Submission of the Application to Graduate form to the Graduate School no later than the third Friday of the semester (or third Friday of summer term) in which graduation is expected.
- Registration for at least three graduate credit hours during the autumn or spring semester or summer term in which graduation is expected.
- Completion of a minimum of 30 graduate credit hours. Eighty percent of those required credit hours must be new credits and must be completed at this university over a period of at least two semesters.
- Cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0.
- For thesis and non-thesis students: satisfactory completion of the master’s examination and committee approval of the Report on Final Examination by the published deadline for the autumn or spring semester or summer term of graduation.
- For thesis option students: committee approval of the Report on Final Document and electronic submission of the approved thesis to OhioLINK by the published deadline for the autumn or spring semester or summer term of graduation.
- Receipt of final grades in the Office of the University Registrar by the published deadline.
- Completion of the master’s degree requirements established by the Graduate Studies Committee
Students are responsible for meeting all degree and graduation requirements by the requisite deadlines, as well as follow all existing policies and procedures. Failure to do so may prevent the student from graduating on time. See Appendix H.3 for more information.