You are here
This is a Free Self-Assessment and Planning Tool for Graduate Students in the Humanities and Social Science
This is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and alumni in the humanities and social sciences. This tool can also be used by master’s level graduate students.
For humanities and social science graduate students to explore, early in their graduate education, what career route they might want to pursue post-graduation, requires exploring ones interests and developing an Individual Development Plan (IDP). The IMAGINE PHD was developed, and is regularly updated, by the Graduate Career Consortium (GCC).
The IDP is a living document, and should be reviewed at least once per year by the graduate student, and preferably with their graduate faculty advisor/mentor. The IDP should be updated and changed as career plans come into focus. In addition, the IDP should be used to record accomplishments and progress.
Imagine PhD (Information below taken from website) will help you to:
- Assess your career-related skills, interests, and values.
- Explore 15 career paths of special interest to humanists and social scientists that are appropriate to your discipline.
- Consult annotated sample job postings, resumes and cover letters to help you tailor yours to different career fields.
- Create self-defined goals for your career and professional development, during and after graduate school.
- Map out next steps for career and professional success.
For more information check out this link: https://imaginephd.com