GRADFORMS How to Check Your Name for Graduation

Student Service Center on BuckeyeLink

Go to the Student Service Center in BuckeyeLink. In the top section on the left side of the screen is the title “Academics.” Directly below the ‘Academics’ heading is a list of possible actions:

  • My Class Schedule
  • Add a Class
  • Drop a Class Grades
  • Generate Advising Report
  • My Academics

Click on “My Academics.”

screenshot of academics portal displaying options for students

My Academics Screen

On the “My Academics” screen you should see three boxes stacked one on top of another:

  • Advisors Transfer
  • Credit
  • Graduation

In the “Graduation” box click on “View my graduation status.”

Screenshot of My Academics showing links for Address, Transfer Credits, and Graduation

Graduation Status

On the “Graduation Status” page you should see two boxes, one on top of the other: Program and Student Information.

The Program box contains the Degree applied for, Major, Status for graduation, and Expected Graduation Term.

The Student Information box contains the name that will be on the diploma (Diploma Name) and Perrmanent Address.

Screenshot of Graduation Name check screen that shows a sample student

If the Diploma Name displayed is incorrect, take legal proof of your name to the Registrar’s Office and complete a name change form. Legal proof includes but is not limited to: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate/License, Valid Passport, Divorce Decree, Court Entry, or Order of Legal Name Change.



Alternatively, you can reach out to:

The Ohio State University Graduate School
250 University Hall, 230 N Oval Mall, Columbus OH 43210
Phone: 614-292-6031 | Fax: 614-292-3656
Graduation Services Email:
Registration Services Email: