Step 1: Students will need to log into gradforms.osu.edu and choose Enrollment Forms.
- Graduation and Examination Forms include the following forms:
- Application for Candidacy Exam, Application for Final Examination, Application to Graduate, Application for Professional Examination, Committee and Examination Petition, Delay of Final Document, Minors& Interdisciplinary Specializations, Report on Candidacy, Report on Final Document, Report on Final Examination, Report on Professional Exam, and Report on Transcript Designation
- Enrollment Forms include the following forms:
- Combined Degree Program, Dual Degree Program, Late Course Petition, Transfer of Graduate Credit, and Transfer of Graduate Program
Step 2: After the student has selected "View Enrollment Forms" a list of all available enrollment forms will populate.
Step 3: Student will choose the "+ Create New Late Course Petition Form" button from the list of all available enrollment forms.
Step 4: The student will then fill in the correct term, their advisor’s name.#, and the course(s) information. The advisor name.# information will automatically populate a dropdown list.
- Fields on Form Petition Form
- Select Action- This dropdown menu contains the following options: Add Course, Change Audit Courses to Grade Course, Change Grade Course to Audit Course, and Drop Course. Please note, credit to audit and audit to credit are the only available grading basis changes; we cannot change a course graded as A-E to S/U, or S/U to A-E.
- Course Number- The four digit number immediately following the subject; e. g. SUBJECT xxxx, with “xxxx” being the course number.
- Class Number- The four or five digit number found in parenthesis after the course number.
- Subject- The department of the course; e.g. ANIMSCI, EDUTL, MATH, PHYSICS
- Credit Hours- The number of credit hours for the course; please note that, unless a course is set up as a variable hour course, we can only add the course for the number of hours for which it is available, and variable hour courses can only be added for hours within the available range.
- Instructor name.#- The course instructor’s last name and their dot number (their OSU email).
- Reason- A detailed explanation of both your request and why this request was not made prior to the published university deadline.
Step 5: After the student selects Save and Continue" they will need to review their application. If the student needs to make adjustments to their online application they should hit the "Edit" button. If the student has an attachment they will click on the "Add Attachment" button. If the petition is ready to submit the student will choose "Submit Application".
**Note: If the student’s explanation is lengthy they are welcome to upload their statement as an attachment.
We require a statement from the course instructor, addressing attendance and participation (or lack thereof) in the course, as well as your current academic status in the course; this should be uploaded here. Examples of additional (optional) documentation may include emails, visa documentation (if delayed entry), an obituary, or any other documentation that supports your petition. Do not upload medical documentation here; medical documentation can be emailed from your OSU email address to Grad-SchoolPetitions@osu.edu.
After all attachments have been added and the student is ready to submit their petition they will click on the "Submit Application" button. Once the student submits their application they will see a screen displaying the text "You have successfully submitted the Late Course Petition".